5 songs inspired by bible verses #1

Hi Friends,

Today I will be sharing songs inspired by bible verses. It is actually since recently I started noticing that most of my favourite songs have a bible verse and I definitely think they are worth memorising.





1. Anchor - Hillsong


I have this hope
As an anchor for my soul
Through every storm
I will hold to You

With endless love
All my fear is swept away
In everything
I will trust in You

CHORUS
There is hope in the promise of the cross
You gave everything to save the world You love
And this hope is an anchor for my soul
Our God will stand
Unshakeable

VERSE
Unchanging One
You who was and is to come
Your promise sure
You will not let go

BRIDGE
Your Name is higher
Your Name is greater
All my hope is in You

Your word unfailing
Your promise unshaken
All my hope is in You

2. Our God is Greater - Chris Tomlin



VERSE 1
Water You turned into wine
Opened the eyes of the blind 
There’s no one like You
None like You 

VERSE 2
Into the darkness You shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There’s no one like You
None like You                   

CHORUS
Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other 
Our God is Healer 
Awesome in power
Our God 
Our God 

BRIDGE         
And if our God is for us
Then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us
Then what could stand against

3. I will rise - Chris Tomlin


There's a peace I've come to know 
Though my heart and flesh may fail (Psalm 73:26)
There's an anchor for my soul (Hebrews 6:19 again)
I can say "It is well" 

Jesus has overcome 

And the grave is overwhelmed 

The victory is won 

He is risen from the dead 


CHORUS

And I will rise when He calls my name 

No more sorrow, no more pain 

I will rise on eagles' wings 

Before my God fall on my knees 

And rise 

I will rise 

There's a day that's drawing near 

When this darkness breaks to light 

And the shadows disappear 

And my faith shall be my eyes 

Jesus has overcome 

And the grave is overwhelmed 

The victory is won 

He is risen from the dead 



CHORUS

BRIDGE

And I hear the voice of many angels sing, 

"Worthy is the Lamb" 

And I hear the cry of every longing heart, 

"Worthy is the Lamb" [x2]


CHORUS

And I will rise when He calls my name 

No more sorrow, no more pain 

I will rise on eagles' wings 

Before my God fall on my knees 

And rise 

I will rise


4. Still - Hillsong 


VERSE
Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
Within your mighty hand

CHORUS
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father You are King over the flood
I will be still and
know You are God

VERSE
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

Repeat Chorus 2x

My God.. My God.. My God..

I will be still and know
You are God



5. Glorious ruins - Hillsong 


VERSE 
When the mountains fall
And the tempest roars You are with me
When creation folds
Still my soul will soar on Your mercy

PRE-CHORUS
I'll walk through the fire
With my head lifted high
And my spirit revived in Your story
And I'll look to the cross
As my failure is lost
In the light of Your glorious grace

CHORUS
Let the ruins come to life
In the beauty of Your Name
Rising up from the ashes
God forever You reign

And my soul will find refuge
In the shadow of Your wings
I will love You forever
And forever I'll sing

VERSE 
When the world caves in
Still my hope will cling to Your promise
Where my courage ends
Let my heart find strength in Your presence


Tell me what you think? Do you have any more sngs?

God Bless,

Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.