Being led by the Spirit of God

Hi friends,

 I will be discussing Ezekiel 1, which I read last night. Ezekiel 1 is about the vision shown to Ezekiel by God and there is one aspect in that vision that really caught my attention.

Ezekiel proceeds to explain about the four different creatures he finds in the centre of a great fire. 'In their appearance their form was human, but each of them had four faces and four wings (Ezekiel 1:5,6)...Their faces looked like this: each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; also each had the face of an eagle' (Ezekiel 1:10). From verse 15 to 19 Ezekiel begins to talk about 'a wheel on the side beside each creature with its four faces'. Quoting from 19 - 21.
19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
The significance in these verses to me are that the creatures were moved by the Holy Spirit, wherever the Spirit moved, they also moved and to me as Christians we need to be moved and led by the Holy Spirit, We need to come to that stage that we will be able to fully trust in God and His power and that we can move wherever the Spirit leads us. We need to be like these creatures mentioned and be able to allow God to take full control over our lives so He can work through us so His will may be done.

So my prayer point for the week will be that God will lead us by the Spirit so we can move wherever the Spirit moves just like these creatures and that God will be able to take full control over our bodies and actions so whatever we do will be pleasing unto the Lord.

Prayer 


Father, I pray that I can put to death my flesh and leave behind my old ways so there will be space for you to work in my life. I pray that Your Spirit will be the only one guiding me so that whatever I do may be pleasing unto You. Keep me on the r
ight path so that Your Spirit will not leave me.
In Jesus name I pray,

Amen

Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.